It’s the best time of year for squash and butternut squash is one of my favorites! Here’s a simple recipe for making Butternut Squash Soup. I love soups because they help me get in some extra veggies in an easy way. Make a big batch on the weekend and I can have them ready in the refrigerator for the week!
First, roughly chop your onion and garlic. Next, peel your squash. Then, scoop out the seeds and chop the squash into pieces about 1″ in size.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add your onions and garlic and cook about 5 minutes until tender. Next, add in your squash and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook squash until very tender.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
If you enjoyed our Butternut Squash Soup, click here for more soup recipes!
Butternut Squash Soup
Simple and delicious butternut squash soup.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 butternut squash
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic. Peel, remove seeds, and chop butternut squash.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender or about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and squash. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until squash is very tender.
- Using an immersion blender (or blender) blend soup until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.