It’s the best time of year for squash! Here’s a simple recipe for making butternut squash soup.
First, roughly chop your onion and garlic. Next, peel your squash. Then, scoop out the seeds and chop the squash into pieces about 1″ in size.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add your onions and garlic and cook about 5 minutes until tender. Next, add in your squash and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook squash until very tender.
Remove from heat and using an immersion blender blend your soup until it is smooth. You could also pour the mixture into a blender and blend that way. Finally, season to taste with salt and pepper!
Butternut Squash Soup
Simple and delicious butternut squash soup.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 butternut squash
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic. Peel, remove seeds, and chop butternut squash.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender or about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and squash. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until squash is very tender.
- Using an immersion blender (or blender) blend soup until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.