Who doesn’t love pizza? If you haven’t tried cauliflower pizza crust yet, what are you waiting for??? It’s a great way to get in more veggies and a decent low carb substitute for regular pizza crust. However, I won’t lie, it’s definitely NOT regular pizza crust!!!
Once your crust is made you can pretty much just treat it as a regular pizza crust and top it however you want!
Cauliflower rice has become very popular so you should be able to find it in your produce section or even the frozen section. If you find it in the frozen section be sure to get the plain version!
To start, you’re going to steam the cauliflower rice. It should only take 3-5 minutes to steam in the microwave. Once your cauliflower is steamed lay out a few paper towels on the counter and pour the cauliflower out. I leave it there for a couple minutes to cool then grab a few paper towels to press on top to absorb more water. You want to get the cauliflower as dry as possible before you mix it.
Next, put all ingredients for the crust into a bowl and combine.
Now you’re going to shape and bake your crust. You’re going to want to use parchment paper for this. Line your pan (I used a pizza pan because I like how the heat can get in the bottom faster, but it’s not necessary), then pour the cauliflower mixture out and press into circle or square depending on your pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Now comes the tricky part… You’re going to flip the crust. Top with another piece of parchment paper and grab another pan. Place the parchment on top of the crust then top with the other pan. Using pot holders flip the pan over and then slide it back onto your original baking sheet. Remove the top layer of parchment and put back in the oven for 10 minutes. Once slightly browned remove from the oven.
Time for the toppings! This time I made a pesto chicken pizza with my leftover Lemon Grilled Chicken, pesto, shredded mozzarella cheese and black olives. Put back in the oven for 5-8 minutes or so, until your cheese is melted and bubbling!
Slice and enjoy!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Low carb pizza crust.
- 1 pound riced cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Steam cauliflower rice in microwave 3-5 minutes.
- Pour cauliflower out onto paper towels. Let sit to cool and drain out water. 4. Squeeze out more excess water before putting in bowl.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour cauliflower mixture onto parchment and shape into circle or rectangle depending on your pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven, cover with another sheet of parchment and another pan. Use pot holders to flip crust and slide it back onto your original pan. Remove top sheet of parchment.
- Bake for 10 more minutes to slightly brown crust.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings.
- Bake for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!