These Blackened Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa and Lime Crema give white fish the boost it needs. A healthy, light dish with lots of flavor and lots of good nutrition.
How to make your salsa:
There are 3 parts to this recipe. First, you’re going to make your salsa. Chop your onion, tomato, avocado, peppers and cilantro. Then, combine all ingredients for the salsa, stir and let sit to marinate together while you make the crema and bake the fish.
Make the lime crema:
The lime crema is super simple but adds a ton of flavor to your tacos. First, add your lime juice to the sour cream. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir. This will also sit while you work on the fish.
Make your blackened fish:
The last piece is to season your fish and bake it. I used Old Bay Blackened Seasoning on the fish. Use your preferred blackened seasoning and coat both sides of the fish. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until the fish flakes apart easily.
Once the fish is baked, shred it lightly with a fork. Top tortillas with shredded fish, salsa and crema. Enjoy!
Modifications for Blackened Fish Tacos:
- For this recipe we used tilapia, however any white fish will work perfectly.
- The recipe calls for tortillas but another option would be to serve these tacos “bowl style” over rice or lettuce!
- Add any of your other favorite taco toppings to make these tacos perfect for you!
Did you love these Blackened Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa and Lime Crema? Here are some other recipes you may enjoy: Chickpea Salsa, Tropical Salsa, Forbidden Rice and Beans, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, BBQ Chicken Salad, Homemade Chicken Tenders, Turkey Sloppy Joes, and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Black Beans.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For the avocado salsa:
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the lime crema:
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
For the blackened fish:
- 1.5 pounds tilapia
- 3 tbsp blackened seasoning
- 8 tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for salsa and let sit to marinate.
- Combine all ingredients for Lime Crema and let sit.
- Season fish on both sides with seasoning.
- Bake fish at 350 degrees 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily with fork.
- Shred fish with fork.
- Top tortillas with fish, salsa and crema. Enjoy!
Any white fish you prefer can be substituted for the tilapia.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 taco
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 2205mg Carbohydrates: 38g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 28g