This side dish would be a great one to add to the holiday spread and the combination of Brussels sprouts and pomegranate is amazing! Even better… this side dish can be made using just one pot on the stove!
First, wash and quarter your Brussels sprouts and mince the garlic.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat and toss in Brussels sprouts and garlic. Sauté together until sprouts and garlic begin to soften and get a golden color.
Next, add in your quinoa and broth. Cover, bring to a boil. Then, lower to a simmer and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with pomegranate. (I usually buy the pomegranate in the grocery store that is already ready to eat instead of having to pull the pomegranate apart myself.) Enjoy!
Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pomegranate
- Wash and quarter Brussels sprouts. Mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts and garlic and sauté until softened and golden brown.
- Add broth and quinoa.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until all broth is absorbed. Stir frequently.
- Serve topped with pomegranate.