These little Very Berry Blueberry Muffins are delicious! As I’ve shared in the past, my kids LOVE muffins so I like to try different kinds to see what they prefer. Like all kids, they love those little mini muffins you buy in the little bags at the grocery store… yuck!
This recipe was my attempt at replacing those for Stella. She didn’t end up being a huge fan, but Henry couldn’t keep his hands off of them. I think he ate 5 right when they came out of the oven.
These aren’t exactly going to be like the mini muffins at the grocery store. There is definitely a whole lot less sugar and fat in the recipe and a whole lot more blueberries! I used the frozen wild blueberries because I prefer the smaller size.
To make Very Berry Blueberry Muffins
First, cream together butter and sugar. Then, add eggs and milk.
Slowly add in dry ingredients. Stir to combine but do not over stir. Batter may be slightly lumpy. Finally, gently stir in blueberries.
Henry really loved stirring in the blueberries so our muffins came out a little blue… but still delicious! You can make these mini (makes about 36) or regular size (makes 12). Pour batter into greased muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool and enjoy! Store left over muffins in container on counter. Muffins can also be frozen in individual servings.
Very Berry Blueberry Muffins
Mini or classic size blueberry muffins.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Rind of one lemon, grated
- 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line with muffin wrappers.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and milk. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and lemon rind. Stir until just combined, don’t worry if batter is slightly lumpy.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups- 36 mini or 12 regular.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes (mini) or 15-20 minutes (regular).
- Cool and enjoy!
For breakfast and muffin recipes, visit our Breakfast recipes.