This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a spin on my always popular Banana Bread with the addition of peanut butter, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips!
The original Banana Bread recipe came from my Nana and has been made by our family for years! I have had tons of fun experimenting with it and making it into different varieties.
Banana Bread tips:
- Freeze your bananas when they are past the ripeness that you will eat them. Then, when you are ready to bake with them just microwave them a few seconds on each side to get them out of the peel or let them thaw on the counter. I always have at least a couple bananas in my freezer to use for baking. You can either leave them in the peel or remove the peel and put them in a plastic bag. Using bananas that have been frozen gives the banana bread a different flavor. If you don’t have them frozen, no worries!
- Alternate the dry ingredients and mashed bananas when mixing. This will keep you from over mixing the batter.
- Add as many chocolate and peanut butter chips as you want, the recipe just gives a suggested amount! Also, nuts would make another great addition.
- Let bread cool completely and store wrapped in tin foil at room temperature.
- Bread can also be frozen and defrosted!
Do you love to bake? Here are some more recipes we think you will enjoy: Banana Bread, Strawberry Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins, Buttermilk Biscuits, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Blondies, Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Apple Crisp, Italian Cookies, Cream Cheese Logs, Homemade Pop Tarts, Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Pie Dough, Snickerdoodles, Cranberry Noel Cookies, Reindeer Poop Cookies and Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
Banana Bread filled with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Cream together peanut butter, butter and sugar using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add eggs and combine well.
- Add 1/2 flour and stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to finish adding flour and bananas.
- Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until done in middle.
- Cool, serve and enjoy!
Peanut butter can be subbed for another nut butter if you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 248mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 27g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g