I hate to admit I only fully began to appreciate pecan pie just a couple years ago, but then I fell in love! If you love pecan pie the only thing that makes it better is chocolate! We had this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. The recipe is very simple and totally fool-proof so be sure to bookmark this one for next year or even make it for Christmas or New Year’s Eve!
This year when I was making pies I used the pre-made crust that you can find in the cold section at the grocery store. I love the Pillsbury one and it’s super easy to work with! To start you are going to unroll the pie crust into your pie plate. It will be easiest to unroll if you let it sit out of the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes first. I had a little extra crust that hung over my dish so I folded it over and used a fork to press them together and add a little decoration. You can add any touch that you prefer at this point.
Next, pour your chocolate chips and pecans onto the pie crust. Then, combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well. Pour on top of chocolate chips and pecans.
Last, put the pie in the oven and let it cook for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees. The pie is done when the crust is golden brown and it is ALMOST set it the middle — there should still be a little jiggle.
Let cool and enjoy! Store the pie at room temperature for a couple days (if there are any leftovers).
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 9” pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust into 9” pie plate. If desired roll, pinch or decorate crust.
- Pour in chocolate chips and pecans. Spread in even layer.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Pour on top of chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Crust will be golden and middle will be almost set when it is done. The middle of the pie should still jiggle a little bit.
- Let cool and enjoy!