One pot recipes are the best! I love when there aren’t many dishes left to clean and the whole meal is made in one spot! This orzo dish is so delicious, packed with vegetables and easy to make!
First, dice your pepper and onion. Over medium heat, heat your oil. Add and cook your pepper, onion and sausage until sausage is cooked thoroughly. Then, add garlic salt and pepper and cook for additional minute.
Next, stir in the orzo, broth and sauce. Bring it to a simmer and let cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
Once most of the liquid is gone, add your chopped spinach and parmesan cheese. Stir and cook a minute or two until the spinach is wilted.
Serve and enjoy!
Italian Sausage Orzo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/3 cups orzo
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add pepper, onion, and sausage and cook thoroughly.
- Add garlic salt and pepper. Cook 1 additional minute.
- Add orzo, broth and sauce to pan. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently.
- Once most of the liquid is absorbed, stir in spinach and cheese. Stir and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!