We love Mexican food in our house. It’s usually quick and easy to put together so it’s a regular go to. These beans are great served with rice, tacos, or as a side to any other Mexican dish!
To make this recipe for simple black beans you are going to start out by heating some olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add your chopped onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until onions and peppers are softened.
Next, stir in your beans (not drained), salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Let simmer until thoroughly warmed and sauce begins to thicken.
Serve and enjoy!
Simple Black Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of black beans, undrained
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro or 2 tbsp fresh
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add black beans, salt, pepper, cumin and cilantro. Cook until sauce thickens and is fragrant.
- Serve and enjoy!