I love a bowl of hot soup! This soup is a classic filled with lots of chicken, vegetables and egg noodles. Plus, it’s even better the next day!
You’re going to start by melting the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the vegetables and let them cook for a few minutes, until they begin to soften.
Next, add your broth, bay leaves and season lightly with salt and pepper. At this point, you have two options. You can bring it to a boil and continue to the next step and add the noodles or you can let it simmer for 30 minutes. When I have the time I like to let it simmer to get more flavor from the vegetables into the broth.
If you let the broth simmer on low, raise the heat and bring it to a boil. Add your noodles and cooked chicken. Let cook about 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and chicken is warmed through. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Classic chicken noodle soup.
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4-6 carrots, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- In large pot, over medium heat melt butter.
- Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook until they begin to soften.
- Add bay leaves, broth, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- If you have time, let broth simmer for 30 minutes.
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add noodles and chicken.
- Cook until noodles are done and chicken is warmed through.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!