We had a play date with some friends today to watch Elf and planned to feed them breakfast for dinner! I thought what could be better than S’mores French Toast Casserole… anyone that has seen Elf knows it’s all about the sugar! So this afternoon Henry and I went to work… the end result was a huge hit and delicious!
Let’s make it…
First,to make your S’mores French Toast Casserole, you’ll start by crushing your graham crackers. Henry crushed one of the packages that comes inside the box to get the amount we used. You could also buy graham cracker crumbs, but crushing them is the perfect job for little ones! Set some aside to use to sprinkle on top.
Next, combine your eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Warm your skillet over medium/low heat. The graham crackers tend to burn quickly if the pan is too hot so you’ll want to go for low and slow cooking with this French toast. Once your egg mixture is ready, your graham crackers are crushed and your pan is warm you’ll spray the pan then dip your bread in the egg mixture on both sides then the graham cracker crumbs on both sides. Put it in the pan and cook just like normal French toast.
Once you have cooked all of your French toast you’ll put one layer down in the 9 x 13 pan. I used regular sandwich size bread and fit 3 full slices across and 3 half slices across below that.
Next, put 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of marshmallows on top of the bread.
Then, top with remaining bread and 1 cup of marshmallows.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted how you like them! Finally sprinkle with a little bit of graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup chocolate chips! Serve and enjoy!
If you love breakfast as much as we do, be sure to check out our other breakfast recipes!
S’mores French Toast Casserole
A fun take on French Toast!
- 1 ¼ cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 9 slices of bread
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Crush graham crackers to get 1 ¼ cups of crumbs.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Heat skillet over medium- low heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Dip bread in egg mixture to coat both sides. Then, dip in graham cracker crumbs to coat both sides.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Once the French toast is cooked, place first layer of bread down in pan.
- Top with 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Layer remaining bread on top.
- Top with 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted.
- Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy!