What better cookie to start out cookie week than Snickerdoodles?? They are such a classic and always a crowd pleaser… who doesn’t love cinnamon and sugar?
These are also a great cookie for beginners and kids! My kids love to take the job of rolling the cookies in the cinnamon and sugar before they go in the oven.
Classic cinnamon sugar cookie.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and stir to combine.
- Add flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Stir until combined.
- Roll into small tablespoon sized balls.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 tbsp sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon.
- Roll balls into sugar and cinnamon combination.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Cool and enjoy!