What better cookie to start out cookie week than Snickerdoodles?? They are such a classic and always a crowd pleaser… who doesn’t love cinnamon and sugar?
These are also a great cookie for beginners and kids! My kids love to take the job of rolling the cookies in the cinnamon and sugar before they go in the oven.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more holiday cookie recipes? Here are the rest from cookie week: Italian Cookies, Cream Cheese Logs, Chocolate Pretzel Bark, Reindeer Poop Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Cranberry Noel Cookies and Chocolate Crinkles.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and stir to combine.
- Add flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Stir until combined.
- Roll into small tablespoon sized balls.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 tbsp sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon.
- Roll balls into sugar and cinnamon combination.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Cool and enjoy!
Do not over bake cookies or cinnamon will burn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 50 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 57mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g