It’s day 2 of cookie week! This recipe is one of my family’s favorites! They are chocolatey, soft, and slightly sweet! This is another one that is great to have your children help with. It doesn’t need a mixer and they need to be rolled in sugar before they go in the oven!
Chocolatey, soft and slightly sweet cookie.
- 1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar, for rolling
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar and oil. Stir until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time stirring well between each addition. Add vanilla extract with last egg.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll into tablespoon-sized balls then roll in confectioners sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees on parchment lined baking sheet for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool one minute then remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Credit for this recipe: All Recipes.