I love potatoes but I feel like I always make them the same way. This was a fun twist on the usual roasted potatoes I would do. We had these with chicken and Brussels sprouts for a meal, but I think they would make a good side dish to any meal!
First, combine your olive oil, garlic salt and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Wash and dry your potatoes and then toss them in the oil mixture. Then, pour potatoes onto a cooking sheet that is bigger than you think you need since you’ll be smashing them later.
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a fork. Remove the pan from the oven and very carefully (so you don’t burn yourself) smash the potatoes. I used a very technical piece of equipment here… one of my small glasses. I used the flat bottom to push down on the potatoes and a fork to slide them off. I use a similar method to make baked plantains, mmm. Then, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to the oven.
Cook for about 10-15 more minutes or until your desired crispiness! Serve and enjoy!
Twist on the classic roasted potato.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz little potatoes
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1.5 tsp garlic salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, Italian herb seasoning, and garlic salt.
- Toss potatoes in oil mixture and pour onto baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and smash potatoes with a flat glass.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Serve and enjoy!