Cranberry Noel cookies are a delicious combination of cranberry, pecan and coconut loaded in a dough similar to shortbread. The method is simple and then they are a slice and bake cookie!
To start the dough, cream together the butter and sugar. You can do this with a stand mixer or hand mixer. Then, add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Last, add the salt, flour, pecans, and cranberries. Stir well. Dough will begin to come together. Split dough in half and roll each into an 8″ log and roll in coconut. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm up dough.
Once the dough is chilled you can unwrap and slice it. Cut into approximately 1/2″ wide slices. Place on baking sheet. You can put them fairly close because they will not expand much.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Cool for a minute on the baking sheet and then move to a wire rack to continue cooling. Enjoy!
Cranberry Noel Cookies
Cranberry, pecan, and coconut cookie.
- 2 sticks of butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup coconut, for rolling
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add flour, salt, pecans, cranberries, and coconut. Mix until dough forms.
- Split dough in half.
- Roll into 8” logs. Roll in coconut.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into ½” slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!