These Russian Tea Cakes are one of my personal favorites and a must have cookie for the holidays!
Russian Tea Cakes
Buttery, lightly sweet, walnut cookies.
- 2 sticks of butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup powdered sugar, for rolling
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla. Stir well.
- Add flour, salt, and walnuts. Mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-size balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for a minute then roll in powdered sugar and let cool on wire rack.
- Once cookies are cool, roll in powdered sugar for a second time.
- Serve and enjoy!