These are chocolate mint cookies that just happen to look like reindeer poop. The kids will get a kick out of the name and love the flavor! I highly recommend storing these in separate air tight container away from other cookies so they don’t share their minty flavor.
Chocolate mint cookies.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chopped Andes mints
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and salt. Stir well.
- Add egg and egg yolk. Stir well.
- Add flour, cocoa and chopped mints. Mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-size balls.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Cool on sheet pan for a couple minutes then cool fully on wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!