This Sausage Casserole is pretty fast to put together and it’s delicious. Plus, it makes great leftovers. It combines sausage, pasta, peppers and onions… what more could you ask for? This is one of our families favorite recipes and something my mother in law has been making for years!
To start, chop your peppers and onion. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is warm add the peppers, onion and sausage. Cook until sausage is browned and broken up. I prefer to use an Italian sausage however, any kind will do. If you like some heat, definitely try it with spicy sausage!
While that is cooking, cook your pasta according to the package. Once your sausage mixture is ready add that and the sauce to your pasta. Stir to combine and coat pasta.
Pour into a 9 x 13 dish or casserole dish that has been sprayed with pan spray.
Last, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve your Sausage Casserole with cheese (optional) and enjoy! We love to serve this with warm bread as well!
Casserole loaded with sausage, peppers, onions and pasta. Top with cheese.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 16 oz pasta sauce (I prefer the sausage or red pepper flavored ones for this recipe)
- Parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop peppers and onion.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add peppers, onion and sausage. Cook until sausage is browned and broken up.
- While the sausage is cooking, cook pasta in a separate pot according to package directions.
- Once pasta and sausage are cooked, combine together and add the sauce. Stir to coat the pasta.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish or casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese (optional) and enjoy!
Perfect for a party or when serving a crowd.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/8 pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 773mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g