These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are delicious… full of moist apple chunks and lots of cinnamon! Plus 2 out of 3 kids approved! The one who didn’t just wasn’t a fan of the apple pieces.
These muffins require one extra step than normal and that is sauteing the apples and cinnamon in a pan for a few minutes to soften them before they are added to the batter. The recipe below makes 24 muffins but it could easily be cut in half!
If you make the entire batch of 24 but don’t think they will be finished within a few days, place them in an air tight container and freeze for later. They will stay in the freezer for a couple months and can be pulled out to defrost the night before you want them!
Looking for more muffin recipes like these Apple Cinnamon Muffins? Check out our Very Berry Blueberry Muffins, Peanut Butter Honey Muffins and Strawberry Dark Chocolate Muffins! And, if you are a huge fan of breakfast, hop over to our Breakfast category for even more options to change up your breakfast routine!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Moist muffins loaded with apples and cinnamon.
– 2 tbsp butter
– 3 cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used honeycrisp apples)
– 1.5 tsp cinnamon
– 10 tbsp butter
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 4 eggs
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tsp baking soda
– 3 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin baking cups with wrappers or spray with non stick spray.
2. Melt butter in saute pan and add apples and cinnamon. Cook on medium until apples begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
5. Gently fold in baking soda and flour. Do not overstir.
6. Gently stir in apples.
7. Divide among 24 muffin cups.
8. Bake 18-22 minutes or until done and lightly golden.
9. Cool and enjoy!