These muffins are delicious… full of moist apple chunks and cinnamon! Plus 2 out of 3 kids approved! The one who didn’t just wasn’t a fan of the apple pieces. These muffins require one extra step than normal and that is sauteing the apples and cinnamon in a pan for a few minutes to soften them before they are added to the batter. The recipe below makes 24 muffins but it could easily be cut in half!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Moist muffins loaded with apples and cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used honeycrisp apples)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 10 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin baking cups with wrappers or spray with non stick spray.
- Melt butter in saute pan and add apples and cinnamon. Cook on medium until apples begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in baking soda and flour. Do not overstir.
- Gently stir in apples.
- Divide among 24 muffin cups.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until done and lightly golden.
- Cool and enjoy!