I love lemon chicken dishes! They are light and refreshing and always hit the spot. This one pot dish is sure to be a winner in your house plus it’s super easy to prepare, uses only 1 dish and it’s kid approved even though there is “green stuff” in it! Also, if you like this dish and love orzo be sure to check out my recipe for Italian Sausage Orzo as well!
To make preparing this dish super simple be sure to prep all of your ingredients that need to be chopped before you get started. It’s one of those dishes that once you get cooking you won’t want to have to stop to chop things up… trust me! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Lemon Chicken Orzo
A refreshing and light lemon chicken pasta dish.
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup orzo
- 4 cups broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Prepare all ingredients that need to be chopped.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, let warm then add chicken, lemon pepper seasoning and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and onion. Cook about 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add wine to pan and stir to scrape bottom of pan. Let cook down.
- Add orzo, broth, broccoli, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Stir frequently. Cook until almost all of the broth is absorbed.
- Return chicken to pan and stir to heat.
- Remove from heat once most of broth is absorbed and chicken is warm. Stir in butter and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!