This dish is kind of like a mexican take on grits but without any spicy seasoning. If you’re a fan of hot sauce go ahead and throw some in! This dish is quick to make and doesn’t take much time. You’ll prepare the grits and beans separately then put them in a bowl together and top with some fresh sliced avocado!
First, combine your partially drained cans of black bean and chopped roasted red peppers together in small pan. Add in the garlic salt and pepper and heat on medium heat until hot.
Then, in another pan bring your water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits and cook about 5 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and slowly stir in cheese.
I like to serve mine about half grits and half beans but make it any combination you like and top with some fresh sliced avocado. Serve and enjoy!
Cheddar Grits with Black Beans
Cheesy, creamy grits topped with black beans, roasted red peppers and avocado.
- 2 cans black beans, partially drained
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup quick cooking grits
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados
- Combine black beans, roasted red peppers, garlic salt and pepper in small pan. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- In second pan, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, slowly stir in grits. Cook about 5 minutes or until thick.
- Remove grits from heat and slowly stir in cheese. Stir until thoroughly melted.
- Chop avocados.
- Serve grits and beans topped with avocado. Enjoy!