Chickpeas and black eyed peas make this salsa extra delicious! This salsa is quick and easy to throw together and then you can serve it with your favorite chips either right away or let it marinate for some extra flavor. Regardless, it’s sure to please and serve a crowd!
Chickpea salsa is great for family parties, football games, or just anytime you want a healthy snack. I love to make a batch of salsa for the weekend for my husband and I to snack on.
All you need to do is chop a couple of ingredients, rinse and drain a couple others, add your olive oil, vinegar and seasoning and stir it together. Then, serve it with your favorite chips.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 can of chopped black olives (6-8 oz)
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz)
- 1 can of black eyed peas (15 oz)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Chop your tomatoes and scallions.
- Drain and rinse your olives, chickpeas and black eyed peas.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Serve with your favorite chips immediately or let marinate for a couple of hours.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.