Baked potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes, but I don’t enjoy dedicating a long time to making them or using up my oven space for them. This method for Crock Pot Baked Potatoes is super easy, doesn’t require much clean up and leaves your oven free!
First, you need to wash and dry your potatoes. Depending on the size of your potatoes and the size of your crock pot you can probably fit 5-8 potatoes inside. You want them all to lay flat on the bottom of the crock pot (this one is my favorite) not stacked.
Once the potatoes are washed and dried you are going to place each one on a piece of aluminum foil large enough for it to be wrapped inside. Drizzle each potato with about a tsp of olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. I used some pink Himalayan salt in a grinder for this recipe. Rub the oil and salt into each potato and then wrap them up in the foil and place them in the crock pot. It should look like this:
Once your crock pot is full you’re going to cook the potatoes for 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. When the potatoes are done you will be easily able to pierce them with a fork. Top the potatoes with your favorite toppings. We like butter, sour cream, cheese, and chives! Serve and enjoy!
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes.
- 5-8 potatoes (however many will fit on the bottom of your crock pot)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Place each potato on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap it up in.
- Drizzle each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Rub oil and salt all over potato.
- Wrap up in foil.
- Place on bottom of crock pot. Do not stack potatoes.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 7-8 hours.
- Unwrap potatoes from foil and serve with your favorite toppings.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.