These Turkey Sloppy Joes were a win with everyone… even the kids! Plus, I got some extra veggies hidden inside! This is a quick meal to put together and if there is any left it makes great left overs.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
Start by heating a skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add chopped shallots, grated carrots and chopped garlic. Cook until soft about 5-8 minutes, stir frequently.
Next, add ground turkey and cook until almost browned.
Last, add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook until turkey is all the way cooked through and sauce is hot.
While waiting for the turkey, butter the inside of the rolls and toast on a hot skillet.
When the turkey mixture and rolls are ready, assemble your sloppy joes and enjoy!
Turkey Sloppy Joes
Turkey Sloppy Joes with hidden veggies.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-6 fresh rolls
- 2 tbsp butter
- Heat skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and heat 30 seconds.
- Add shallots, carrots, and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add ground turkey and brown.
- When turkey is almost browned add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until turkey is cooked through and sauce is hot.
- Heat a second skillet over medium heat.
- Butter inside of buns and toast on skillet.
- Assemble sloppy joes and enjoy!