This Citrus Chicken Pasta is a great weeknight meal and can be put together in about 30 minutes. It’s also kid-friendly and makes for delicious leftovers to have for lunch the next day. The broccoli could be substituted for any other steamed green vegetable too depending on your personal preference!
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
To start this dish, cook the chicken with the olive oil, garlic salt and pepper. While the chicken is cooking take the zest off of your oranges and lemon. Once the chicken is cook through add the zest and cook until fragrant- one to two minutes.
In another pot, boil the water for your pasta and cook according to the package. We used the pasta with added veggies. I do anything to sneak in more vegetables for the kids. When the pasta goes into the pot also add the broccoli. It will cook along with the pasta. Drain the pasta and broccoli once tender.
Combine the pasta, chicken, and juices together. Toss to combine. Serve with parmesan cheese (optional) and enjoy!
Citrus Chicken Pasta
Chicken, pasta and broccoli with a citrus flavor.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb pasta, any type
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium/ large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, garlic salt and pepper and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add zest from oranges and lemon and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- While chicken is cooking, cook pasta according to package. Add broccoli to the pot with the pasta to cook.
- When pasta and broccoli are cooked, drain and return to pot.
- Add chicken, orange juice and lemon juice to pasta. Stir to combine.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!