We love hummus in our house! Every kind… and we put it on all kinds of stuff. Use it as a dip for vegetables, crackers, or pita, as a sandwich spread or put some on a salad!
This hummus is super easy to make and you can expect for me to play around with some different varieties.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
All you need to make this hummus is a good blender or food processor. Here’s my personal favorite. To make the hummus you’ll start with blending the lemon juice and tahini until it’s well combined.
Scrap around the food processor to make sure it’s all combined. Then, add the chick peas, garlic, garlic salt, olive oil and water. Blend until smooth.
Move the hummus into a bowl and chill. When ready to serve, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and garlic salt. Serve how you desire and enjoy!
Classic homemade hummus.
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- paprika, garlic salt and olive oil for serving
- Blend lemon juice and tahini until smooth and scrape the blender of food processor.
- Add chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of oil, water, garlic, and garlic salt. Blend until smooth.
- Remove from processor and put in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, drizzle with olive oil, paprika and garlic salt.
- Serve how you choose. Enjoy!