The kids had so much fun making these homemade chicken tenders tonight and I am super impressed with their breading skills! Head over to our Facebook or Instagram page to catch a glimpse at their work behind the scenes and be sure to like the page for more updates!
Apparently these chicken tenders were so good that there was only one left… and it was just the kids and I eating them! They are super simple to make and don’t take much time to bake.
All you need is some chicken tenders, flour, eggs, water, and breadcrumbs. Simply dip the chicken in the flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs and bake them!
I kept the seasoning in these to a minimum so the kids would approve, however you could easily spice them up if you or your kids prefer more flavor! Just add your seasoning into the flour or breadcrumb mixture.
Serve and enjoy!
Homemade Chicken Tenders
Homemade Chicken Tenders.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/3 cup flour, we used whole wheat
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up your breading station. In the first bowl, put the flour. In a second bowl, combine the egg and water and whisk well. In a third bowl, put the bread crumbs.
- Coat the chicken in flour. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumbs and place on non-stick or greased baking sheet. Continue until all chicken is coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes. Turn chicken halfway. Make sure internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. If you prefer a crunchier chicken tender crust, broil for a few minutes at the end of the baking time.
- Serve and enjoy!