The kids had so much fun making these Homemade Chicken Tenders tonight and I am super impressed with their breading skills! Apparently these chicken tenders were so good that there was only one left… and it was just the kids and I eating them! They are super simple to make and don’t take much time to bake.
All you need is some chicken tenders, flour, eggs, water, and breadcrumbs. Simply dip the chicken in the flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs and bake them!
I kept the seasoning in these to a minimum so the kids would approve, however you could easily spice them up if you or your kids prefer more flavor! Just add your seasoning into the flour or breadcrumb mixture.
Serve and enjoy!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup flour, we used whole wheat
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set up your breading station. In the first bowl, put the flour. In a second bowl, combine the egg and water and whisk well. In a third bowl, put the bread crumbs.
- Coat the chicken in flour. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumbs and place on non-stick or greased baking sheet. Continue until all chicken is coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes. Turn chicken halfway. Make sure internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. If you prefer a crunchier chicken tender crust, broil for a few minutes at the end of the baking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve your chicken tenders with your favorite dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 143mg Sodium: 304mg Carbohydrates: 51g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 47g