This super easy breakfast quinoa egg casserole is quick and easy to put together and can be made ahead for breakfast during the week. The quinoa gives it a rich, nutty flavor plus adds to the protein content.
To make Breakfast Quinoa Egg Casserole:
To put together this casserole, spray an 8 x 8 pan with non-stick spray. Next, add your cooked quinoa in an even layer. In a separate bowl, combine your eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk until combined well. Then, top the quinoa with the chopped spinach and shredded cheese then pour the egg mixture on top.
Finally, bake casserole at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese becomes golden brown. Eat immediately or allow to cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Serve and enjoy!
Breakfast Quinoa Egg Casserole
Breakfast Quinoa Egg Casserole.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, any kind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan with non-stick spray.
- Add cooked quinoa to pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir until combined well.
- Layer spinach and cheese over quinoa.
- Pour eggs over cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese begins to get golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator after cooling. Enjoy!