Mmmmm….. this BBQ Chicken Pizza made with our Homemade Pizza Dough was delicious! It has everything you want in a pizza with a salty and sweet combination of toppings.
Once you have the dough ready (you could also use our Cauliflower Pizza Crust or any crust that you prefer) it’s time to add the toppings. I pre-made some BBQ Chicken in the crock pot for this recipe. All I do is combine my chicken breasts with some BBQ sauce and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours then shred it up! I made a big batch to be used through the week.
First, top the crust with your favorite sauce. I used a plain tomato sauce that I seasoned with pizza seasoning, Italian seasoning would work as well! Then , add your cheese, sliced red onions, chicken, and drizzle with a little more BBQ sauce. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are golden.
Before serving, top with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ chicken pizza bursting with flavor.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp pizza or Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce plus more for topping
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine tomato sauce and seasoning. Spread on pizza crust.
- Combine chicken with BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
- Spread cheese on top of sauce.
- Top pizza with chicken and red onion. Drizzle lightly with BBQ sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!