These Feta Turkey Burgers go perfectly with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries and they are both simple to put together! The burgers can be served without buns for a low carb option as well.
To make the Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries:
This meal can be ready all at the same time if you get the fries started first. Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into “fries”. On a large baking sheet, toss them in oil, cumin and salt. Roast at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, turning halfway through. Once your burgers are out of the oven broil the fries for a couple minutes if you like them more crispy.
To make the Feta Turkey Burgers:
To make the burgers, combine all ingredients and form into patties. Then, cook for 3-4 minutes per side in a non stick pan to get them crispy (like they would on the grill). Next, move them into the oven to finish cooking through. Bake at 375 degrees about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your burgers.
Serve the burgers with our without buns and with lettuce, tomato and onion. Add a serving of fries and enjoy!
Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot with Sweet Potato Fries
Feta Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries.
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 3-5 carrots
- drizzle of oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- burger buns, lettuce, tomato and onion for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash, peel and cut sweet potatoes and carrots into fries.
- On a large baking sheet, drizzle sweet potatoes and carrots with olive oil and sprinkle on cumin and salt.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until tender. Flip halfway through.
- While fries are cooking, start the burgers. Combine all remaining ingredients: turkey, bread crumbs, egg, garlic salt, pepper and feta. Then, shape into burgers. There should be 4-6 depending on the size preferred.
- Cook burgers over medium heat about 3-4 minutes to brown on each side. Transfer to baking sheet and put them in the oven. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until cooked through with internal temperature reaching 165 degrees.
- Once the burgers come out of the oven, broil the fries for a couple minutes if you prefer them to be more crispy.
- Serve your burgers with or without buns and whatever toppings you desire.
- Add a serving of fries and enjoy!