This Carrot Rice Soup is delicious, filling AND a one pot dish! I used arborio rice that made it nice and hearty. Plus, in addition to carrots being in the soup, I used carrot juice to add even more flavor to the broth.
This recipe could absolutely be made vegetarian or vegan by using vegetable broth instead of bone broth. I like the additional protein that comes from the bone broth!
This is definitely a recipe you could change to suit your tastes with the broth, how much rice you want to add to make it more or less hearty and you could throw some greens in at the end of the cooking time to wilt. Either way, it’s sure to be delicious!
Carrot Rice Soup
Delicious and hearty carrot rice soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable or bone broth
- 2 cups carrot juice (made fresh or purchase unsweetened)
- 1-2 cups of arborio rice (more to make a thicker soup, I used 2 cups)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dill weed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook 5-8 minutes to begin softening vegetables.
- Add broth, juice, rice, bay leaf, dill weed and lemon juice.
- Cook until rice and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!