I love all of the fall desserts and decided to make this Apple Crisp last week to share with some friends! Normally I save apple crisp for the fall, but our apples have been sweet lately.
This is a super easy dessert to put together. All you need to do is slice your apples and toss them with the ingredients for the filling and pour them into your baking dish.
Then, make the topping and sprinkle it on top. Bake it until bubbly and browned on top. I used coconut flour in the topping but any flour will do!
Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
If pie is more your thing, be sure to check out our Apple Pie recipe!
Classic Apple Crisp.
- For the filling:
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 4 gala apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- For the topping:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or any type you prefer)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9″ x 13″ baking dish with pan spray.
- Combine all ingredients for filling and toss well to coat apples.
- Pour apples into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Combine all ingredients for topping and stir well.
- Pour topping evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees until topping is brown and filling is bubbling around the edges, about 40-50 minutes.