This Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast to make ahead for easy grab and go in the morning. Another bonus, they are so simple to put together.
I personally am not a huge fan of oatmeal unless it’s baked so these hit the spot for me. They are filling and healthy. If you’re not a huge fan of nuts go ahead and skip them or add something else in their place, coconut would be great!
When it comes to my banana recipes, I always have a huge stockpile of bananas. Once they are past the point where anyone in my house will eat them I stick them into the freezer in their peels and let them stay there until I need them for a recipe. When I’m ready to use them I either let them defrost on the counter or stick them in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until they are defrosted.
The chocolate chips that I have been buying lately are by Enjoy Life and they are delicious! Also, the semi-sweet chocolate chips only contain 3 ingredients! I found them in our local grocery store so I think they are easy to find.
I hope you enjoy this baked oatmeal as much as I did!
Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
An easy make ahead grab and go breakfast.
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (or any nut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.