We eat a LOT of chicken in our house so I am always looking for ways to change it up and this Almond Crusted Chicken did just that! It was a delicious change to the classic breaded chicken with some added protein. Plus, with no bread crumbs it is definitely low carb.
This chicken recipe uses almond meal/ flour in place of bread crumbs. It is low carb and should be easy to find in the baking section near the flour. Or if your grocery store has a bulk section you may be able to find it there as well.
To make this chicken, first combine the eggs and water in one bowl. Then in the second bowl, combine the chopped slivered almonds, almond meal/flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken in the eggs and then coat well in the almond mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. The chicken will be done when it reaches 165 degrees and the outside is golden. Serve and enjoy!
Almond Crusted Chicken
Delicious twist on breaded chicken.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg and water in 1 bowl.
- Combine almonds, almond meal/flour, seasoned salt and pepper in a second bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture then coat well in almond mixture.
- Bake on a large baking pan or cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Flip halfway through. Check internal temperature and make sure it reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy!