We love alfredo sauce but unfortunately it’s not the best for your health. This recipe for Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is much lower in fat than traditional alfredo and comes with a serving of veggies. I’m not going to lie and tell you that this is exactly like alfredo sauce you are used to but considering the large differences in ingredients it comes very close!
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
This recipe can be changed to your liking by adding more or less liquid. The sauce does thicken as it cools making it less easy to coat pasta but great for a pizza sauce or dip. To thin it to coat pasta you can add a little pasta water at a time to get your desired consistency or if you want it to be thicker just add less broth.
To make this sauce you will steam the cauliflower in the broth and then add it into a high powdered blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
We had this Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce over pasta tonight and the kids enjoyed it too! Let us know what you think in the comments below!
If you love using cauliflower for a healthy substitute be sure to check out our Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe!
Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
A healthy twist on alfredo sauce.
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat and spray the bottom with non-stick spray. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped cauliflower and broth. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is very tender.
- Pour garlic, cauliflower and broth into blender and add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until combined and smooth.
- To make sauce thinner add more broth or pasta water if you are putting it on pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!