These Black Bean Quinoa Burgers are simple and quick to put together and they make for great leftovers! Serve them on a bun or by them self and they will be sure to fill you up!
How to make Black Bean Quinoa Burgers:
To make these burgers, start by slightly mashing your drained and rinsed black beans in a medium-size bowl. Then, add your remaining ingredients and combine well. Shape into patties and pan fry for 3-5 minutes on each side. I made 5 good size burgers by measuring them with a half cup. You can make these as big or small as you want.
When cooking, cook until lightly golden on each side. Serve and enjoy!
If you want to try to grill them I would recommend freezing them first. You will also need to cook them longer if cooking from frozen. If you do attempt it be sure to let me know in the comments below!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you love these be sure to try our Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, any variety
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Add black beans to medium size mixing bowl and lightly mash.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Shape burgers to desired size. I made 5 burgers with a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Heat skillet over medium/ medium high heat.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and cook burgers on each side for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make burgers with a 1/4 cup measuring cup to make sliders.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 610mg Carbohydrates: 35g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g