These Black Bean Quinoa Burgers are simple and quick to put together and they make for great leftovers! Serve them on a bun or by them self and they will be sure to fill you up!
To make these burgers, start by slightly mashing your drained and rinsed black beans in a medium-size bowl. Then, add your remaining ingredients and combine well. Shape into patties and pan fry for 3-5 minutes on each side. I made 5 good size burgers by measuring them with a half cup. You can make these as big or small as you want.
When cooking, cook until lightly golden on each side. Serve and enjoy!
If you want to try to grill them I would recommend freezing them first. You will also need to cook them longer if cooking from frozen. If you do attempt it be sure to let me know in the comments below!
Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
Vegetarian black bean and quinoa burgers.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, any variety
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Add black beans to medium size mixing bowl and lightly mash.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Shape burgers to desired size. I made 5 burgers with a 1/2 cup measuring cup
- Heat skillet over medium/ medium high heat.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and cook burgers on each side for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy!