This Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein is a perfect weeknight meal… it can be made in one pot and in under 30 minutes! We love Chinese food in our house but don’t love that it can be one of the most unhealthy take out options. This recipe for Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein hit the spot for our Chinese food craving.
The Lo Mein noodles and sesame oil can be found in the Asian section of most supermarkets. Even though this recipe is vegan you could easily add some stir fried pork, chicken or beef if you prefer; simply double the sauce to have enough to coat the entire dish.
Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein
Homemade Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein.
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped (about 2 heads)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 12 oz lo mein
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced (about 1 bulb)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry ginger
- 1/4 cup sesame oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Chop broccoli, carrots and ginger.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and carrots. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add lo mein to pot and cook 3-5 minutes or until tender. It cooks quickly so keep a close eye on it.
- While cooking the vegetables and noodles, in a small mixing bowl combine soy sauce, ginger, 1/4 cup sesame oil and cornstarch. Whisk to combine.
- Once lo mein is tender pour into a strainer and drizzle lightly with sesame oil to keep from sticking together.
- Return the empty pot to the stove and add a tsp of sesame oil and garlic. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir to cook until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat and add lo mein and vegetables back to the pot. Toss to coat with sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!