This recipe for a Easy Homemade Meat Sauce is perfect for pasta lovers! It is super fast to put together and then just let it simmer for the flavors to meld together. The sauce will stay good for about a week in the refrigerator.
Pour the sauce over pasta, use it in lasagna, or on sandwiches. The possibilities are endless! Also, any ground meat will work for this recipe. We used ground chicken to keep it lean however ground beef, turkey, or sausage would be great as well!
Easy Homemade Meat Sauce
Simple and easy homemade meat sauce.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pounds ground chicken (beef,turkey or sausage will work well too!)
- 25 oz plain tomato sauce (it should only have one ingredient)
- 6 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook additional 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add ground chicken and cook through. Break into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add sauce, peppers, and seasonings. Simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!