This recipe for an Easy Homemade Meat Sauce is perfect for pasta lovers! It is super fast to put together and then just let it simmer for the flavors to meld together. The sauce will stay good for about a week in the refrigerator.
Pour the Easy Homemade Meat Sauce over pasta, use it in lasagna, or on sandwiches. The possibilities are endless! Also, any ground meat will work for this recipe. We used ground chicken to keep it lean however ground beef, turkey, or sausage would be great as well!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pounds ground chicken
- 25 oz plain tomato sauce (it should only have one ingredient)
- 6 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook additional 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add ground chicken and cook through. Break into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add sauce, peppers, and seasonings. Simmer over low heat for at least 20 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Beef, turkey or sausage will work well too in place of the chicken!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 1055mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g