This Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad is super easy to put together and it’s great served warm or cold. Add some mint to take it up a notch. I promise the flavors work super well together even if it seems a bit odd. Not a fan of mint? Skip it… it will still be delicious.
How to make Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad:
To make this quinoa salad simply cook your quinoa and then add in the rest of the ingredients. Also, I prefer to cook my quinoa with vegetable or chicken broth. It helps to add some flavor to the quinoa over just using water.
For the mandarins, I used the mandarin oranges in the jar. Be sure to buy the ones stored in water or juice to avoid any unnecessary added sugar. For the almonds, I bought unsalted sliced almonds, if you prefer salted or that’s what you have on hand just skip adding the sea salt!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- salt to taste, I used a couple grinds of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Combine quinoa and broth in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered until all broth is absorbed about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat and add all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine well.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving. Enjoy!
Mint is optional.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 698mg Carbohydrates: 38g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 17g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
If you are a fan of quinoa be sure to check out these other recipes:
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Breakfast Quinoa Egg Casserole
- Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate