These Turkey Stuffed Peppers are delicious and stuffed with quinoa, cheese, turkey, sauce and seasoned with Italian seasoning. Plus, if you have about 20 minutes to put them together then you can let the oven do the rest of the work after. If you haven’t made stuffed peppers before here is a quick step by step!
How to make stuffed peppers:
The first step is getting your peppers ready to stuff. Wash, cut in half and remove the seeds. Then place them in a greased baking dish. You can use green, yellow, red, or orange peppers.
Next, brown the turkey in a saute pan. While that is browning, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, sauce, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cooked quinoa. Once the turkey is browned, stir into rest of filling ingredients.
Divide mixture among peppers. Add water to the bottom of the baking dish and cover with foil. Bake the peppers at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
After 35 minutes, remove the peppers from the oven and uncover. Top with cheese and sauce and return to the oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
Once cheese is melted and starting to brown remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Turkey Stuffed Peppers.
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- Pasta sauce, for topping
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers, cut in half and remove seeds. Place in a greased baking dish.
- Brown turkey in a saute pan over medium heat.
- While turkey is browning, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and quinoa. Once turkey is cooked add to filling mixture.
- Divide filling among 8 peppers.
- Add about a half cup of water to bottom of baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake peppers at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Remove peppers from oven and uncover. Top each pepper with about a tablespoon of sauce. Then, top with cheese.
- Return peppers to oven and bake about 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out our other Turkey Recipes!