These Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs are simple to put together and make for the perfect addition to pasta for a weeknight dinner or dip them in sauce as an appetizer or snack!
We made these Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs with turkey, however, beef or chicken could be substituted as well. These meatballs could also be made without the cheese (if you must) for a simple turkey meatball.
To make the meatballs:
First, combine all of the ingredients except for the mozzarella. Then, divide into meatballs (approximately 15-20). After that, cut up your cheese sticks into chunks to stuff the meatballs. Be sure to cut the cheese sticks into the same number of chunks as meatballs you have ready.
Then, flatten the meatball mixture in your hand, place on a piece of cheese and roll the meat around the cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
Finally, bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside. Some cheese may ooze out from the inside! Serve your meatballs with pasta or sauce for dipping and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, or just enjoy meatballs be sure to check out our Turkey Zucchini Meatballs.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 3 mozzarella cheese sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese sticks.
- Divide meatball mixture into 15-20 meatball portions.
- Cut cheese sticks into chunks (the same number as meatballs you have).
- Flatten meatball mixture in hand and press cheese into middle. Wrap meat around cheese and roll into a ball.
- Place meatballs on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pasta or sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Divide meat into balls before cutting cheese sticks so you know how many pieces of cheese you will need.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 184mg Sodium: 894mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g