These Nutella Chickpea Brownies may possibly be the most gooey and delicious brownies I have had in a long time! Also, aside from the Nutella there is very little sugar added to this recipe.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain Affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
In addition to chickpeas, you will need Nutella, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips for these brownies. Also, a really good food processor or blender!
About Chickpea Brownies…
If you haven’t had chickpea brownies before the texture is definitely different from regular brownies. However, I have found that if you store them in the refrigerator they are much easier to cut and serve. The refrigerator will also help to keep them fresh longer… if you need to!
As if these Nutella Chickpea Brownies needed any more “brownie points” (I can’t help myself, I’m the queen of corny jokes in my house) they also freeze perfectly! Simply store in an airtight container and keep some for later!
Nutella Chickpea Brownies
Gooey, delicious Nutella Chickpea Brownies.
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 x 8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine chickpeas, nutella, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in food processor. Blend until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend until combined.
- Remove blade from food processor and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean.
- Cool brownies before serving. Brownies should be stored in the refrigerator to maximize freshness.