This Crock Pot Blueberry Applesauce recipe is sure to be a hit with your kids and it will make your home smell amazing! You will need a few simple ingredients and a couple of my favorite kitchen tools to make this recipe.
To make the applesauce, simply peel and chop the apples and combine them in the crock pot with the blueberries, lemon juice and cinnamon! My son helped with the chopping for this recipe with these awesome kid safe knives we love!
Once you have all of your ingredients combined, cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the apples are tender. Next, use an immersion blender to blend the applesauce until smooth. Finally, let cool and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. I prefer to store any homemade applesauce in mason jars which make for easy pouring. Also, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the crock pot used.
- The blueberries contain pectin which will naturally thicken the applesauce, however if you prefer a thinner applesauce, just add a little water until your desired consistency is achieved.
- The lemon juice helps to keep the apples from turning too brown while they are cooking but it also aids in extending the shelf life.
- Do not store applesauce in the pantry because there are no preservatives.
- This recipe freezes well.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you and your kids loved this Crock Pot Blueberry Applesauce be sure to check out these recipes too: Pear Pumpkin Applesauce and Very Berry Spinach Applesauce! Looking for more crock pot recipes? Seach Crock Pot in the search tab!
- 3 lb Gala apples (about 10 small or 6 large)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Peel, core and chop all apples.
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Blend until smooth with immersion blender.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Also can be frozen.
Blueberries can be substituted for any frozen berry if preferred.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 20mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g