This Crockpot Blueberry Applesauce recipe is sure to be a hit with your kids and it will make your home smell amazing! You will need a few simple ingredients and a couple of my favorite kitchen tools to make this recipe.
To make the applesauce, simply peel and chop the apples and combine them in the crockpot with the blueberries, lemon juice and cinnamon! My son helped with the chopping for this recipe with these awesome kid safe knives we love!
Once you have all of your ingredients combined, cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the apples are tender. Next, use an immersion blender to blend the applesauce until smooth. Finally, let cool and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. I prefer to store any homemade applesauce in mason jars which make for easy pouring. Also, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the crockpot used.
- The blueberries contain pectin which will naturally thicken the applesauce, however if you prefer a thinner applesauce, just add a little water until your desired consistency is achieved.
- The lemon juice helps to keep the apples from turning too brown while they are cooking but it also aids in extending the shelf life.
- Do not store applesauce in the pantry because there are no preservatives.
- This recipe freezes well.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
Crockpot Blueberry Applesauce
Homemade Crockpot Blueberry Applesauce.
- 3 lb Gala apples, about 10 small or 6 large apples
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Peel, core and chop all apples.
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
- Blend until smooth with immersion blender.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Also can be frozen.