This Pumpkin Risotto is the perfect fall meal! Make it for lunch or dinner or eat it leftover, it’s always delicious! This risotto is creamy, filling and satisfies the fall craving for pumpkin!
I have a love for risotto and I never seem to get enough. If you haven’t made risotto before, now is the time to try. You can check out my posts for Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon and Basil Parmesan Risotto for more in depth directions on how to make it at home!
Risotto is a dish that takes a little patience but for me, even when I’m wrangling my two kids while making it, has a therapeutic affect on me. The stirring just seems to calm me… call me weird!
Pumpkin for your health
Pumpkin has some serious health benefits and is super easy to add to your regular diet since canned pumpkin can be purchased year round! Unfortunately, our favorite pumpkin foods–cookies, pie, lattes, etc. don’t offer up as much benefit since they are usually accompanied by excessive added sugar.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tsp rubbed or dried sage
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Chop onion and garlic.
- In a sauce pan, combine pumpkin puree and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer.
- While the broth is heating up, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to olive oil and saute about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add arborio rice and sage and stir to coat in olive oil.
- Add wine to deglaze pan and stir continuously.
- Add broth and pumpkin mixture 1/2 cup at a time and stir until absorbed before adding more. Stir very frequently.
- Once all broth is added, remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to prep ingredients before starting to cook so you can stir as frequently as possible.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 731mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g