Mmmmm….. this BBQ Chicken Pizza made with our Homemade Pizza Dough was delicious! It has everything you want in a pizza with a salty and sweet combination of toppings.
Once you have the dough ready (you could also use our Cauliflower Pizza Crust or any crust that you prefer) it’s time to add the toppings. I pre-made some BBQ Chicken in the crock pot for this recipe. All I do is combine my chicken breasts with some BBQ sauce and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours then shred it up! I made a big batch to be used through the week.
How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza
First, top the crust with your favorite sauce. I used a plain tomato sauce that I seasoned with pizza seasoning, Italian seasoning would work as well! Then , add your cheese, sliced red onions, chicken, and drizzle with a little more BBQ sauce. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are golden.
Before serving, top with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? Try our Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers, Easy Beer Cheese Fondue, Homemade Salsa Verde with Pineapple, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Fried Eggplant with Arugula Caprese Salad, Bacon and Cheese Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna, Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata, Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries and Baked Zucchini Chips.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp pizza or Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce plus more for topping
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine tomato sauce and seasoning. Spread on pizza crust.
- Combine chicken with BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
- Spread cheese on top of sauce.
- Top pizza with chicken and red onion. Drizzle lightly with BBQ sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Use a pre-made pizza dough or make you own with our Pizza Dough recipe!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 891mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g