Delicious layers of pasta, ricotta cheese, alfredo sauce, chicken and broccoli make this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna a delicious meal! This recipe is sure to be enjoyed by all and will make enough for a crowd or to be had for leftovers!
How to make Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna
Lasagna is simple to make once all the ingredients are ready to go. The first step is to prepare all of your ingredients. For this lasagna, that includes steaming broccoli, chopping cooked chicken, cooking the pasta and seasoning the ricotta cheese. Once everything is ready all that needs to be done is to layer the ingredients as listed in the recipe below.
For this recipe, I precooked my chicken in a crock pot on high for four hours. I like to do this every once in a while and will make enough for a few recipes at a time to cut down on my cooking and prep time later.C
Can I make this recipe ahead of time or freeze it?
This recipe can be made ahead of time and then stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake it whether that is in an hour or in a day or two! Simply cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Add a few extra minutes to the bake time to ensure it is heated thoroughly.
The lasagna will also stay good in the refrigerator for about a week making it perfect to have as leftovers for lunch or dinner.
If you plan to freeze the lasagna, cover in plastic wrap tightly and do not prebake it. Once you plan to cook the lasagna, partially defrost it and bake it for approximately one hour. Be sure that it is heated through.
Looking for more pasta dishes? Be sure to take a look at our Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Easy Homemade Meat Sauce, Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Italian Pasta Salad, Spinach Lasagna, Sausage Casserole, Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup and Homemade Macaroni and Cheese.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 15 oz ricotta
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- dash pepper
- 15 oz alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package.
- Chop and steam broccoli until tender. Set aside.
- Chop cooked chicken breast. Set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese with garlic salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a casserole dish or 9 x 13 pan add olive oil and spread to coat bottom and sides of pan.
- Add 1 layer of noodles to the bottom of the pan. It should take 4 noodles.
- Add 1/2 of ricotta cheese and spread on noodles.
- Top with 1/2 of the broccoli and 1/2 of the chicken.
- Pour 1/3 of the alfredo sauce over chicken and broccoli.
- Repeat steps 6-9 for the second layer.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Pour remaining sauce on top and cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. To brown the top broil for 2 minutes.
- Let lasagna sit for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Lasagna can be covered and stored in the refrigerator once it is put together to be baked at a later time. Add about 15 minutes to bake time to ensure it is cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/8th pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 671 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 148mg Sodium: 1230mg Carbohydrates: 39g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 42g