This recipe for Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Potatoes is so simple and perfect for a week night meal. Throw it in the crock pot in the morning before work and come home to a delicious meal.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
How to Make Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Potatoes
This recipe is super simple to make! First, wash your carrots and potatoes. Then, peel and chop the carrots into large chunks. Chop the potatoes into large chunks as well but leave the skin on. Place half of the potatoes and carrots into the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the packet of onion soup mix and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Then, place the chuck roast on top and sprinkle with 1/3 of the onion soup packet and salt and pepper. Top with remaining potatoes and carrot and season again. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours. Once it is done, use two forks to pull apart the beef to make it easier to serve.
If you want to add more vegetables make sure they are hearty root vegetables that will not turn to mush in the crock pot. Parsnips and onions would be great! Also, be sure to keep them in large pieces which will help them stay firmer when cooked.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more recipes for your crock pot? Check out our Chicken Bone Broth, Crock Pot Blueberry Applesauce, Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Crock Pot Orange Chicken, and Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- 2-3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 5 russet potatoes
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- salt and pepper
- Wash carrots and potatoes.
- Peel and chop carrots in large chunks.
- Chop potatoes into large chunks.
- Put half of potatoes and carrots into bottom of large crock pot. Sprinkle with 1/3 of onion soup packet. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place chuck roast on top of potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with 1/3 onion packet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining potatoes and carrots. Top with the rest of the onion soup packet and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, put apart beef into large pieces with two forks. It should fall apart easily.
Add onions or other hearty vegetables if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 542 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 125mg Sodium: 750mg Carbohydrates: 41g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 42g