We love Mexican food in our house. It’s usually quick and easy to put together so it’s a regular go to. These Simple Black Beans are great served with rice, tacos, or as a side to any other Mexican dish!
How to make Simple Black Beans:
To make this recipe for simple black beans you are going to start out by heating some olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add your chopped onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until onions and peppers are softened.
Next, stir in your beans (not drained), salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Let simmer until thoroughly warmed and sauce begins to thicken.
Serve and enjoy!
If you enjoy this recipe, here are some others to check out: Forbidden Rice and Beans, Basil Parmesan Risotto, Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad, Bacon and Cheese Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Fried Plantains, Baked Zucchini Chips, Italian Pasta Salad, and Smashed Potatoes.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of black beans, undrained
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro or 2 tbsp fresh
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until softened approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Add black beans, salt, pepper, cumin and cilantro. Cook until sauce thickens and is fragrant approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice, with tacos, or any way you like!
Perfect over rice or with tacos!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 587mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g