This Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata will be ready in under 30 minutes making it perfect for a weeknight meal. This dish is full of flavor and sure to be enjoyed by the entire family!
Ingredients you will need:
Only 7 ingredients are needed for this dish and more than likely you have most in your kitchen already:
- Olive Oil
- White Wine
- Chicken Broth
- Lemon- Juice and Zest
Omitting the flour that is found in most chicken piccata recipes makes it gluten-free and makes the dish come together faster. By not breading and frying the chicken it will be ready in half of the time.
What to serve with Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata has a very flavorful lemon wine sauce making it easy to pair with rice or pasta as well as any vegetables. If you are staying with the gluten-free theme be sure to use a gluten-free pasta such as chickpea pasta. We served ours with rice and steamed broccoli.
Looking for more chicken recipes? Be sure to see our Chicken Marbella, Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas, Almond Crusted Chicken, BBQ Chicken Salad, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Homemade Chicken Tenders, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Chicken Pot Pie, Lemon Chicken Orzo, Chicken Noodle Soup, Crock Pot Orange Chicken, and Lemon Grilled Chicken.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 pound chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 oz capers (1/4 cup)
- Trim fat from chicken breasts and slice in half if working with large chicken breasts to cut down cooking time. Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook until browned and cooked through. Approximately 8 minutes per side depending on size of chicken breast. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Once chicken is cooked through remove from pan and put on a plate.
- Add wine to pan and let cook for 2-3 minutes to cook off alcohol.
- Stir in chicken broth, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and capers.
- Simmer for a few minutes and allow to cook down.
- Add chicken breasts back to pan and spoon sauce over top.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Enjoy with your preferred sides.
Chicken Piccata reheats very well and is great for leftovers making it a perfect dish to make double and use for lunch during the week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 128mg Sodium: 648mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g